“Ready, set, go…”
1. Join StreetNet
Fill out the form to get started and confirm whether you're happy for us to pass on your contact details to your neighbours. If there's someone on your street that's already on board, we'll put you in touch to help make things a little easier.
- Check out the Neighbourhood Map
We're putting together an interactive map, collecting all the favourite local spots from residents in your area and documenting where each of the StreetNets are in Hedland.
2. Get to know your neighbours
Making that first step to connect with your neighbours can be a little daunting but don’t be shy! Have a look at the ideas below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Print out the StreetNet invitation card to invite your neighbours to an initial meet and greet. The gather could be on your front lawn or verge, a local park or another close community spot that works for your street. Simply fill out the details and drop the invites into your neighbours letter box.
- Like to connect online? Why not use the StreetNet ‘Get Social Online’ card? Simply set up a group where your street can get in touch with one another, such as a Facebook group or What’sApp chat, write the details on the card and drop it into the letter boxes on your street.
- Do an old fashioned door-knock! Walk around the street and introduce yourself to any neighbours you see out and about or knock on their doors if they are home to have a chat. Just remember to be courteous of others – you never know if they’ve just done the night shift or have a sleeping baby inside!