Here is an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people to get involved in the Kumaparniku initiative and help drive better health outcomes for local children.
Kumaparniku is a Hedland-based research team which is part of the Telethon Kids Institute. They are engaging and co-designing with the community to get the story right about the needs of Aboriginal children and families.
There are opportunities available now for Community Researchers to join the team.
Kumaparniku are looking for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with knowledge or experience in the following:
- Knowledge of the cultural and language attributes of the Pilbara communities
- Experience in providing health or other information to communities, families and individuals in a culturally appropriate way.
- General office skills such as the ability to use a computer including email, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Current valid driver’s licence and willing to attain National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check.
For more details and to apply, click here.
Or you can contact Pilbara project manager Ashley Councillor to discuss the roles on 0407 008 789.